Engineering Research Center of Digital Instrument for Process Industries, which was authorized built by Ministry of Education, was established in Oct. 2007. With the guidance of the transformation of scientific and technological innovations and industrialization in the field of digital instrument, the Engineering Research Center takes advantage of talent and technological achievements of the Northeastern University National Key Subject including Control Theory and Control Engineering, Computer Science Application Technology and Ferrous Metallurgy, contributes to national economic construction, aims at limit target, engages in focusing strategy and independent innovation, emphasizes on system integration and development, transforms existing scientific results into key technology for engineering and high-tech products owning intellectual property, improves the sustainable ability of independent innovation, raises the level of domestic industrial instrument technology and core competitiveness, pushes forward the process of industry technology and development.
Process Industries, such as Metallurgy Industry, Power Industry and Chemical Industry, are the pillar industries of the national economy. The major equipment of these process industrial enterprises is an integration of various technologies and numerous devices, which have the characteristic of large scale, multiple parameter and complex process. Currently, thanks to digitalization, intellectualization and network technology, the development of international process industry instruments presents the tendency of high-reliability, multi-function and high-applicability. Until now, although our domestic process industries instrument products have had certain market share in low-level product, we still have to import high-level product due to the lack of reliability, accuracy, digitization and intellectualization compared with the international advanced technique.
Based on the status of the instruments for the process industries in China, the Engineering Research Center concentrates on not only Metallurgy Process Industry, but also some other related process industries such as Power Industry and Chemical Industry, especially devoting to the research on measuring instrument, control instrument, and some other related instrument or device.
Research Field 1: Complex parameter measurement technique and device research for process industries
1. Infrared radiation temperature measurement theory and technology
2. Multiphase flow parameter measurement theory and technology
3. Computer industry process tomography
4. Computer vision theory and technology
Research Field 2: Fault diagnosis technology and system research for complex industry process
1. Fault tolerant control theory and technology;
2. Fault diagnosis theory and integrated optimization technology;
3. Embedded network technology for equipment intelligent;
4. Fault diagnosis system for real-time operation management platform technology
Research Field 3: Detection, optimization control technology and system research of major energy equipment
1. Comprehensive detection of energy consumption, control system real-time modeling theory and algorithm;
2. Comprehensive detection of energy consumption, control system structure;
3. Research on performance appraisal system for comprehensive index optimization of energy consumption;
4. Comprehensive detection of energy consumption, information integration of control system and supporting technology;
Based on the research mentioned above, on the one hand, we are aiming at expanding the market share of domestic measurement instrument by promoting technique level of product through the digital technology, on the other hand, we are striving for researching a new generation of high-level digital instrument and automatic device, shaping the image and brand of domestic instrument, changing the passive situation that high-level instruments are heavily dependent on import.
Name: Prof. Xie Zhi